Tuesday, June 16, 2015



Yesterday my new Inktense pencils by Derwent arrived and I started doodling trying to figure out how to use these amazing pencils.  They work like watercolor pencils, but are ink based and the colors are so intense.  I had a scrap piece of watercolor paper that I had stamped two birds on and for some reason I had a a couple of hearts overlapping on this same piece of paper.  I started doodling, or some might call it Zentangle.  It was really fun and these pencils are great to work with.  I decided to color one bird in using the Inktense pencils and the other bird I colored with my Stampin' Up watercolor pencils.  Both birds came out pretty good, but the Inktense bird was a little brighter.  I decided to make a page in my Art Journal out of my playing around, and this is what I came up with.

If my husband had lived, it would have been our 52nd Anniversary today.  He would have gotten a kick out of my latest art journal page.

No comments:

Post a Comment